Prime Advisors, Inc. (Prime) is a Sun Life Investment Management company that specializes in partnering with insurance companies to provide capital efficient customized solutions. As part of a $759 billion global financial services organization with over $125 billion in insurance assets under management, we understand the unique regulatory, capital and market considerations facing property/casualty, life, title, and health companies of all sizes. Sun Life Investment Management has expertise in managing assets across public, private, liquid and illiquid markets while also offering actuarial-based insurance investment tools, including full cash flow modeling, and accounting services.
Prime’s Relationship Management team is the primary avenue of communication between Prime and our clients. Relationship Management is charged with bringing the full capabilities of Sun Life Investment Management to our insurance clients and ensuring that all of Prime’s clients receive a consistent product and experience.
Based upon level of experience, the Relationship Manager professional’s responsibilities will be supporting and managing client relationships, as listed in the Responsibilities section below.
- The Relationship Manager is a trusted client advisor who develops a deep understanding of the technical and business challenges that clients face, then identifies opportunities to introduce and facilitate related products and services
- The Relationship Manager will possess and continue to develop a broad understanding of both insurance and investments, including the investment challenges that insurance companies face
- The Relationship Manager will be the first point of contact for Prime’s clients, with accountability for promptly responding to all client inquiries
- Work with Prime’s Insurance Solutions team to deliver and explain tools that support Prime’s investment strategy and insurance expertise
- Work with Prime’s Portfolio Management team to deliver client presentations and explain relevant asset classes at a high level
- Work with Prime’s Sales and Marketing team to facilitate cross selling of Sun Life Investment Management products
- Utilize knowledge of Sun Life Investment Management’s investment products to recommend and facilitate the introduction of appropriate asset classes outside of fixed income to clients
- The ability to be knowledgeable about both insurance and investments, especially the role of core fixed income within insurers’ portfolios
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks under strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and embracing the need for precision
- Team player with collaborative attitude
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Must be highly efficient, organized, and detail oriented
- Positive attitude, professional presence, ability to interact with senior levels both inside & outside the firm
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Credentialed actuary and/or CFA designation, or progress towards either, preferred
- 5-10 years of insurance and/or investment experience
- Working knowledge of the insurance and/or investment industry
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Open to travel, which has the potential to ultimately be 25%+ of the time
- Ability to pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to respond negatively to a Disciplinary History Questionnaire as required by securities regulations
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Prime offers a competitive fringe benefits package.
Please let us know if you have applied to Prime in the past and for which positions. Thank you!