Prime Advisors, Inc. manages investment portfolios for insurance company clients and private wealth investors, with $17.3 billion in AUM as of June 30, 2018. Prime has offices in Redmond, WA and Windsor, CT. and is a Registered Investment Advisor with the SEC. Prime Advisors operates as a standalone subsidiary under the Sun Life Financial umbrella.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Investment Accounting Analyst in our Windsor, CT office. The position involves providing and maintaining securities accounting and reporting for institutional insurance clients, as well as private wealth accounts, on a STAT/GAAP basis, with the ability to operate within a deadline driven environment and deliver exceptional client service. Strong interpersonal skills are required as there is frequent contact and interaction with clients and all levels within the organization including Senior Management, Portfolio Managers and Strategists, IT and Systems Development. This position also shares responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through proper control applications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain and review client investment activity.
- Reconcile invested assets and cash activity with custodian banks.
- Prepare, analyze, and deliver monthly reporting within established client deadlines.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Schedule D regulatory reports and corresponding footnote disclosures and interrogatories.
- Monitor and reconcile internal Prime systems.
- Provide technical support and advice on accounting records, policies and procedures.
- Identify and help develop enhancements to the accounting and systems workflow.
- Accounting conversion of new clients.
- Third party data gathering and file creation
- Establish and maintain quality client communications and relationships.
- Provide responses to ad-hoc requests from clients, consultants, auditors and internal Prime professionals.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 6 years investment Accounting experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of back office operations
- Strong Knowledge of securities investments
- Strong knowledge of Statutory reporting, Schedule D and annual statements
- Experience with CAMRA, PAM or other insurance accounting systems
- Microsoft Reporting Services and new report development a plus
- Excel experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and macros a plus
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k)-tiered matching, company-sponsored weekly lunches, home internet, cell phone service and more.