Location: Wellesley, MA
Prime Advisors, Inc. (Prime) is a Sun Life Investment Management company that specializes in partnering with insurance companies to provide capital efficient customized solutions. As part of a $759 billion global financial services organization with over $125 billion in insurance assets under management, we understand the unique regulatory, capital and market considerations facing P&C, life, and health companies of all sizes. Prime has expertise in managing assets across public, private, liquid and illiquid markets while also offering full cash flow modeling, actuarial and accounting services.
The Sales Professional will be primarily responsible for new business generation in the insurance channel. Responsibilities will include prospecting, representing the firm at industry events and conferences, providing input and assistance with RFPs and marketing material creation as well as all other aspects of new business development.
- New business generation within defined sales territory covering insurance companies across the U.S.
- Effectively manage the sales process from prospecting through closing/onboarding
- Enter all activity and notes into Salesforce CRM system on a real-time basis
- Represent the firm at industry events and conferences
- Assist with the creation of RFP responses, marketing collateral, thought leadership resources and other marketing/distribution projects and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required
- CFA designation (or progress toward) preferred
- 5+ years investment industry experience with insurance and sales experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry, including capital and tax issues preferred
- FINRA Series 7 license preferred
- Strong investment knowledge including experience working with a variety of fixed income asset classes including core fixed income, municipals, CMLs, private debt and senior loans
- Team player with collaborative attitude
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Must be highly efficient, organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- Positive attitude, professional presence, ability to interact with senior levels both inside & outside the firm
- Ability to pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to respond negatively to a Disciplinary History Questionnaire as required by securities regulations
Benefits: Excellent medical and dental insurance, 401(k)-tiered matching, company-sponsored weekly lunches, home internet reimbursement, cell phone service, and more.